Governor Cuomo has announced that New York State is now conducting an average of 30,000 diagnostic tests for COVID-19 per day. Last week, the Governor announced the state will work with the federal government to double New York’s testing capacity from 20,000 tests per day to 40,000 tests per day over several weeks.
On the City Level Mayor de Blasio announced that the city will offer antibody tests for over 150,000 healthcare workers and first responders at hospitals, police stations, firehouses and correctional facilities. Testing will begin next week and the city is planning on testing all first responders within one month.
Testing and Tracing
Amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has announced that New York’s contact tracing pilot program, with leadership from former Mayor Mike Bloomberg, will begin in the coming weeks. Contact tracing teams will work remotely with state-of-the-art software to develop a secure database of information on the spread of the infection. This nation-leading tracing program will focus on areas with the highest rates of infection and on regions where data shows could be the first to re-open. The program will operate through the next flu season, and it will be implemented in coordination with our tri-state neighbors New Jersey and Connecticut.
The program will include a baseline of 30 contact tracers for every 100,000 individuals and will utilize additional tracers based on the projected number of cases in each region. The program is expected to have 6,400 to 17,000 tracers statewide depending on the projected number of cases.
Trains to Shut Down Overnight
For the first time ever, the MTA has announced that beginning next Wednesday all NYC trains and stations will close from 1 am to 5 am daily in order to clean and disinfect them. The MTA will provide free alternative transportation options to essential workers during the cleaning hours that will include buses, dollar vans and for-hire vehicles as necessary.
The SBCO emergency mortgage hotline continues to be available for all your questions about mortgages and other bank loan matters. They have received hundreds of calls from 25 cities around the country, and they will continue to provide assistance until this financial crises ends. You can call the hotline at 718-435-1300, extension 120. Leave a clear message as prompted, and a SBCO Counselor will return your call as soon as possible.
PCS is now offering free one-on-one business consulting for those who need direction, are struggling to stay afloat, or are curious about which COVID-19 initiatives they can benefit from right now. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
Kosher Grab & Go Meals Sites to Open in Manhattan
Beginning May 1, two new locations will begin providing kosher grab and meal sites in Manhattan.
Meals Hubs will operate for children and families from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm and follow the guidelines below: No one will be turned away at any time
· All adults and children can pick up multiple meals at one time
· No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises
· Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
· No registration or ID required
The new Manhattan locations are:
Lower East Side
· P.S. 134 Henrietta Szold 293 East Broadway,10002
· P.S. 048 P.O. Michael J. Buczek 4360-78 Broadway, 1003
This is in addition to the sites that are already open:
· PS 132 The Conselyea School 320 Manhattan Avenue, 11211
· PS 257 John F Hylan 60 Cook Street, 11206
· P.S./I.S. 157 The Benjamin Franklin Health & Science Academy 300 Willoughby Avenue, 11205
· P.S. 221 791 Empire Blvd, 11213
· P.S. 289 George V. Brower 900 St Marks Avenue, 11213
· P.S. 192 The Magnet School For Math And Science 4715 18 Avenue,11204
· P.S. 160 William T. Sampson 5105 Fort Hamilton Parkway,11219
· P.S. 197 The Kings Highway Academy 1599 East 22 Street,11210
· P.S. 197 The Ocean School – 825 Hicksville Road,11691
· P.S. 253 1307 Central Avenue,11691
Kew Gardens Hill
· P.S. 154 75-02 162 Street,11366
· P.S. 164 138-01 77 Avenue, 11367
· P.S. 54 1060 Willowbrook Rd, Staten Island 10314